April 30, 2019
10:00 - 15:30
Radisson Blu Hotel
80 High Street
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
FOR JUNIOR SCHOOL TEACHERS
We are delighted that this course will be co-delivered by Pattie Santelices.
(Strategic Development Officer, Health & Wellbeing with City of Edinburgh Council) and Karen Richmond (Depute Head Teacher, South Morningside Primary School).
Please note – this is a training course for new facilitators both in existing and potential schools. Schools who do not already have the programme embedded will be able to purchase the resource.
Building Resilience Approach
Building Resilience is a primary school resource which engages pupils, families and staff in raising awareness and understanding of 10 key protective factors for our mental health and wellbeing.
Each unit contains assemblies, classroom materials, staff information and family tasks and link to Curriculum for Excellence, Health and Wellbeing Experiences and Outcomes, Rights Respecting Schools (RRS) and the 8 wellbeing indicators, as detailed in Getting It Right for Every Child (GIRFEC).
Training course summary and overview
This Building Resilience day course will equip participants with the relevant knowledge, skills and resources required to facilitate a whole school approach to ‘build resilience’ in their school community. Building Resilience is best delivered when there is a lead facilitator in each school.
- To raise awareness and understanding of the importance of risk (ACEs) and resilience factors for children’s mental health and wellbeing
- To share the research behind the Building Resilience units and how these are also useful for promoting staff wellbeing.
- To give an overview of theBuilding Resilience materials
- To hear about the impact of Building Resilience of staff, pupils and families in schools
Feedback From Participants
“Fantastic to have a progressive resource. Very inspired. Exactly what schools and children need.”
“Very comprehensive progressive, practical programme that a school needs in an area of HWB.”
“What a brilliant resource. Written by teachers, for teachers”