March 12, 2019
10:00 - 15:00
Radisson Blu Hotel
The Royal Mile
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
For - Careers Staff
This annual conference will provide the opportunity for important updates and discussion. All staff involved in providing advice and support to senior pupils in preparing for the next stage and putting together applications for higher education are warmly invited to attend. This day will provide an excellent opportunity to engage with national bodies and gain an enhanced understanding of how the landscape is developing in this context.
The day will be comprised of a number of topical issues, including:
- We will be joined by Kate Davidson, Relationship and National Engagement Manager (Scotland and Northern Ireland). This update will include an overview of the new Adviser Portal.
Skills Development Scotland: Bridging the Gap between education and industry
- In this session, Ken Edwards from SDS will consider the Career Education Standard and provide an overview of developments, plans and benefits for learners and progression opportunities through apprenticeship / work based learning (WBL) pathways starting in senior phase of schools with Foundation Apprenticeships.
SQA: HN - Next Generation
- The SQA is currently engaged in an extensive engagement programme to inform the future shape of HN, Martin Boyle, Head of Creative Industries, Hospitality and Sport, SQA will share current thinking and developments.
Skills for Learning, Life and Work
- Emma Horner, Admissions and Communications Director at ISSOS International Summer Schools will share perspectives on the role of skills in the development of young people.
Please book soon to secure your place.