October 2, 2017
10:00 - 15:30
The Mary Erskine School
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
Child Protection Co-ordinators’ Conference
This new course covers Managing Child Protection in Schools and is essential training for all Child Protection Co-ordinators and Senior Managers with a responsibility for safeguarding children and young people. The course is a repeat of the well-received 2016-17 event and is geared to support colleagues who require their professional learning to be refreshed (2 years recommended) though recently appointed/aspiring CPCS are most welcome to attend.
The course will cover:
• The National & Local Context of Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People
• Relevant Guidance and Legislation, including the Children and Young People's Bill and Named Person
• Case Studies
• The Law and Medical Consent
• Responding to a Concern or Disclosure
• The Role of the Child Protection Co-ordinator
• Procedures & Recording
• Managing Concerning Information about Staff
• More complex cases
• Confidentiality and Information Sharing
• The Role of the Children’s Reporter
• Guidance on Under-age Sexual Activity
The course will be delivered by Dr Susan Hamilton and Anne Darling, Child Protection Consultants. The course will include a mix of presentation and discussion around case studies, which will give ample opportunity to ask questions and consider complex cases.
On site parking available at the school
Please register by Friday 22 September at the latest
On-site parking available at the school