September 21, 2017
10:00 - 15:30
Edinburgh Hilton Grosvenor Hotel
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
for Child Protection Co-ordinators, Heads and Deputes requiring a refresher
This new course covers Managing Child Protection in Schools and is essential training for all Child Protection Co-ordinators and Senior Managers with a responsibility for safeguarding children and young people. The course is a repeat of the well-received 2016-17 event, and is geared to support colleagues who require their professional learning to be refreshed (2 years recommended); recently appointed/aspiring CPCS are also most welcome to attend.
The course will cover:
• The National & Local Context of Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People
• Relevant Guidance and Legislation, including the Children and Young People's Bill and Named Person
• Case Studies
• The Law and Medical Consent
• Responding to a Concern or Disclosure
• The Role of the Child Protection Co-ordinator
• Procedures & Recording
• Managing Concerning Information about Staff
• More complex cases
• Confidentiality and Information Sharing
• The Role of the Children’s Reporter
• Guidance on Under-age Sexual Activity
The course will be delivered by Dr Susan Hamilton and Anne Darling, Child Protection Consultants. The course will include a mix of presentation and discussion around case studies, which will give ample opportunity to ask questions and consider complex cases.
Feedback from Session 2016-17:
“New materials were excellent and group discussions hugely beneficial”
“Exceptionally informative and worthwhile”
“Highly beneficial covering the legal framework and school practice”
Please register as soon as possible and by Friday 8 September at the latest.
Coffee & registration from 9.30 a.m.