September 27, 2019
£110.00 per day
10:00 - 15:30
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
This course covers Managing Child Protection in Schools and is essential training for all Child Protection Co-ordinators and Senior Managers with a responsibility for safeguarding children and young people. Integral to the course will be the SCIS Child Protection Guidelines.
This day is geared to support colleagues who require their professional learning to be refreshed (2 years recommended): recently appointed/aspiring CPCS are also most welcome to attend.
The course will cover:
- National & Local Context of Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People
- Guidance and Legislation, including the Children and Young People's Bill and Named Person Service
- Responding to a Concern or Disclosure
- The Role of the Child Protection Co-ordinator
- Procedures & Recording
- Managing Concerning Information about Staff
- More complex cases
- Confidentiality and Information Sharing
- The Role of the Children’s Reporter
- Guidance on Under-age Sexual Activity
The course will be delivered by Dr Susan Hamilton and Anne Darling, Child Protection Consultants. The course will include a mix of presentation and discussion around case studies, which will give ample opportunity to ask questions and consider complex cases.
** Please register as soon as possible to secure your place. **