September 6, 2018
10:00 - 15:30
DoubleTree by Hilton Glasgow
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
FOR CHILD PROTECTION CO-ORDINATORS, HEADS AND DEPUTES REQUIRING A REFRESHER
This new course covers Managing Child Protection in Schools and is essential training for all Child Protection Co-ordinators and Senior Managers with a responsibility for safeguarding children and young people. Integral to the course will be the most recent Child Protection Guidelines which will be with schools for the start of the 2018-19 session.
This day is geared to support colleagues who require their professional learning to be refreshed (2 years recommended); recently appointed/aspiring CPCS are also most welcome to attend.
The course will cover:
- National & Local Context of Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People
- Guidance and Legislation, including the Children and Young People's Bill and Named Person
- Responding to a Concern or Disclosure
- The Role of the Child Protection Co-ordinator
- Procedures & Recording
- Managing Concerning Information about Staff
- More complex cases
- Confidentiality and Information Sharing
- The Role of the Children’s Reporter
- Guidance on Under-age Sexual Activity
The course will be delivered by Dr Susan Hamilton and Anne Darling, Child Protection Consultants. The course will include a mix of presentation and discussion around case studies, which will give ample opportunity to ask questions and consider complex cases.
** Please register as soon as possible to secure your place. **