October 7, 2017
09:30 - 15:30
Glasgow Hilton Hotel
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
Supporting Children in Calculation and Fractions
The course will be led once again by Lynda Keith who has delivered many highly successful courses for SCIS.
- To explore the different ways in which children calculate
- To take a closer look at how to support their understanding of the processes in calculation
- To explore the difficulties that children have with fractions, decimals and percentages and examine the visual tools they need to help make sense of the links and connections
- To look at ways to support children in problem solving.
The day also provides a valuable opportunity to talk to other classroom assistants and all junior school classroom assistants are warmly invited to attend.
Please register as soon as possible and by 22 September at the latest.