September 15, 2017
10:00 - 15:30
Edinburgh Hilton Grosvenor Hotel
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
for Teachers, Pastoral Care staff, current & aspiring houseparents, nurses and matrons. Upper Primary & Senior schools.
***NB There is one place left for this course.....
This course is a foundation for colleagues who work with children and young people in a range of contexts.
Participants will be introduced to the use of counselling skills and some of the approaches that underpin the use of these skills will also be explored.
This introduction to counselling course will enhance professional knowledge and skills in a variety of areas including:
- developing counselling skills
- diversity and ethics within counselling skills
- understanding the different approaches involved in counselling
- the role and importance of the development of children and young people
- personal characteristics – respect, resilience and empathy
- listening skills
- body language
This course will equip participants with the knowledge and skills to allow them to listen and work with students effectively. The day will be comprised of group work, discussion and practical listening skills.
Colleagues are asked to note that on completion of the course, they will not be Counsellors, but will have gained a theoretical and practical insight into transferable skills.
We are delighted that Jackie Cox will be facilitating this session. Jackie has a degree in Psychology and a diploma in counselling. She is a very experienced counsellor, teacher and counselling supervisor working in schools, and on an independent basis. Jackie led this course last session and it was highly rated and recommended by all participants.
** Please register as soon as possible and by Friday 1 September at the latest **
Coffee & registration from 9.30 a.m.