November 20, 2018
09:30 - 15:30
Navigator's Employment Law Office
96 Rosemount Viaduct
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
For Heads, Deputes, Bursars, HR Managers
This masterclass will be led by Alan Sutherland, Head of Employment Law at Navigator Law, who has wide experience of working with independent schools.
- Obtain a practical understanding of how to deal with the employment law issues which most frequently arise within the independent school sector, relating to both teachers and support staff.
- Be able to work on case studies during the session so as to build confidence in dealing with existing employment issues.
- Benefit from practical tips.
- Dealing with disciplinary and grievance issues against the background of the ACAS Code of Practice.
- Proactively managing performance issues and implementing a formal performance management process.
- Dealing with repeated short-term absences or long-term absence, how to assess whether staff members are protected by disability discrimination law and what impact that has, and dealing with stress issues.
The seminar will be of interest to newly appointed members of senior management or as a refresher for experienced senior managers.
**Places are limited -please register as soon as possible and by Friday, 9 November at the latest**