January 26, 2018
10:00 - 13:00
Radisson Blu Hotel
The Royal Mile,
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
For Gap Assistants
This seminar offers induction and training for Gap Assistants, and provides an opportunity to share experiences.
The session will cover:
- Expectations - of Gap Assistants and Schools
- Working Safely and Effectively
- Relationships and Communication with Pupils
- School Policies and Procedures
- Child Protection & Wellbeing
- Social Media
This session will be led by Warwick Wilson, Belhaven School. Warwick has a wealth of experience in this context. Case studies, discussion and presentations will provide ample opportunity for delegates to contribute. In addition there will be input from current Gap Assistants who will share their experiences thus far.
All schools are strongly encouraged to send their Gap Assistants to this training event.
Please note that this event is for GAP Assistants who will be commencing their role in January 2018.
Please register as soon as possible and by Friday 19 January at the latest.