February 26, 2020
10:00 - 15:30
Radisson Blu Hotel
The Royal Mile
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
For – Heads of Citizenship/PSHE/Pastoral Care Staff
We have worked in partnership with Fast Forward - https://www.fastforward.org.uk/who-we-are/ - to bring a day of professional learning dedicated to the wellbeing of young people. Fast Forward’s approach is summarised as:
“Fast Forward has a clear commitment to the GIRFEC principles (Getting it Right for Every Child) and our project work is aligned to these and to supporting The Curriculum for Excellence. We are pleased to be contributing to the national outcomes for Scotland’s young people."
Fast Forward is committed to promoting the UNCRC to all our partners and stakeholders to raise awareness of the importance of children’s rights.”
The day will be comprised of three themes:
- Alcohol and Drugs – refreshing knowledge, update on trends and substances
- Intro to Gambling Education and Prevention issues – especially as applied to young people. Delegates will be introduced to the Fast Forward Gambling Education Toolkit
- Tobacco issues – smoking ( we can include vaping, e-cigarettes), refreshing knowledge and update on trends and issues