October 3, 2017
10:00 - 15:30
Edinburgh Hilton Grosvenor Hotel
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
Supporting Children's Wellbeing & Providing Effective Named Person Services
During July 2017, the Scottish Government issued a Policy Update the purpose being to provide updated information on delivering the Getting it right for every child policy.
The full update can be read via this link - http://www.gov.scot/Topics/People/Young-People/gettingitright
We are delighted that Nancy Henderson, previously a member of the Scottish Government’s GIRFEC Implementation Team will lead this session. In the past, Nancy has worked collaboratively with the sector and has played a pivotal role in devising the SCIS Interim Practice for Independent Schools.
The aims of the course are to equip participants with:
- a deeper understanding of the core components, values and principles of the Getting it Right for Every Child approach supporting children’s wellbeing and how they support the delivery of an effective Named Person service
- the knowledge and skills to effectively use the GIRFEC Tools and good practice for child planning
- information and ideas on who else can help and where to look for services/supports which can help support children’s and young people’s wellbeing
The course will equip participants with:
- an enhanced confidence to effectively use the Getting it Right for Every Child tools (the Five Practioner Questions, the wellbeing indicators, MyWorld Triangle and the Resilience Matrix) so that the right support can be provided, at the optimum time
- deeper knowledge pertaining to the single planning framework and the relationship between other plans, such as Additional Support for Learning and Looked After Review Plans Further clarity regarding the Named Person, Lead Professional role, and how others can support the delivery of an effective Named Person service
This is an interactive course. In addition to input and activities provided by Nancy there will be an opportunity for attendees to explore and discuss existing practice, and learn from other colleagues.
** Please register as soon as possible and by Friday 22 September at the latest **