May 25, 2018
10:00 - 15:30
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh – Queenferry Crossing
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
For – Heads/Principals/Governors/Clerks to the Board
All Heads, Governors and Clerks to the Board are welcome to attend this one-day event which takes the theme of Good Governance. Increasingly, during professional engagement visits and inspections, HMIe are focussing on the Governance Framework in Schools. HGIOS4 - Leadership and Management: Section 1.4.
We are delighted to have secured the combined input of Shepherd+ Wedderburn and HMIe to lead the day.
Malcolm Rust, Partner and Head of the Private Client and Charities teams at Shepherd+ Wedderburn will open the event with a key focus on Good Governance. Malcolm is an accredited specialist through the Law Society of Scotland in the field of Charities law, and with regard to Governance will explore with delegates:
- What does it look like?
- General review of the law.
- Common issues with governing Boards.
- Delegation and management.
Lesley Johnstone, HMI/Lead Officer for Independent Schools with Education Scotland will complement Malcolm’s input by providing an overview of the inspection process in this context and facilitating a workshop to consider models of good practice.
Neil Maclean, Partner and Head of the Employment Practice Group at Shepherd+ Wedderburn will lead the afternoon’s session: Employment with a key focus on aspects of particular note for Governing Boards.
It is intended that there will be plenty opportunities for delegates to network with each other and engage in collaborative working throughout the day.
** Please register as soon as possible and by Friday 11 May at the latest.***