January 31, 2020
10:00 - 16:30
Radisson Blu Hotel
80 High Street
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
Audience - School Leaders/Deputes with responsibility for GTCS matters
Professional Update is now embedded in professional practice with many colleagues in the process of their second sign-off year. By the end of the current academic session, SCIS and individual schools are required to submit their process for re-validation. This event will support colleagues in this respect and provide an opportunity for leaders to explore the current status of Professional Update and consider approaches to the re-validation procedures for their individual school. In addition to this, the GTCS will share current thinking and practice with regard to:
- Effective and Supportive PRD Meetings
- Coaching re-visited
- Refreshing the GTCS Professional Standards – current status
The session will conclude with a Train the Trainer session on MyPL.
Following the scheduled agenda, an optional informal GTCS surgery covering the above, and also Registration/Fitness to Teach (including CoPAC) will be facilitated. NB this will be available from 3.30-4.30 pm.