October 3, 2019
14:00 - 16:30
St Aloysius' College
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
Focus on Registration and Competency
HR staff and senior leaders with responsibility for teacher registration, conduct and competency are invited to attend this afternoon session.
Claire Williamson, Registration Assessment Team Leader, GTCS will lead the opening session. Claire will focus on the current status pertaining to GTCS registration within the sector, offering insights and advice as the October 2020 deadline approaches.
The bulk of the workshop will be led by Jim Moore and Sarah Stevenson, Development Officers with the GTCS. Their input is intended to raise awareness of Fitness to Teach processes and procedures. The session will explore:
- the role of GTCS with regard to Fitness to Teach and will provide an overview of the process explaining the different stages and factors that affect those stages
- how and when to make a referral with particular reference to article 25 from the Public Services Reform Order 2011, which defines the present role of GTCS
- the place and use of a discretionary referral
- COPAC and the Threshold Policy: two important documents that articulate what GTCS is likely to investigate and what they would be unlikely to investigate
Jim and Sarah will use a number of case studies and discuss the outcomes and the reasons for those outcomes.