September 18, 2019
09:30 - 15:30
1 – 4 Atholl Crescent
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICERS/ADVISORS
This session will be limited to 10 persons to allow for an interactive and engaging approach.
This masterclass will be led by Gary Foggo, Health and Safety Manager with Navigator Law. Gary has over fifteen years’ experience in health and safety management both working direct and in consultancy in a wide range of work environments. He has previously managed projects which involved the scoping, procurement and implementation of a software system to manage contractor health and safety matters implications on behalf of the Scottish Government. Gary is a Chartered member of IOSH.
The key issues which will be explored are:
- The legal role of management in an independent school - the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Management of contractors - demonstrating due diligence
- Controlling machinery and equipment hazards
- Fire safety
- How to prepare for an HSE visit
- Managing the risk from asbestos
***As places are limited - please register as soon as possible***