January 15, 2019
10:00 - 15:30
Collection Radisson Hotel
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
Evolving and Developing Leadership Development
In partnership with Navigator Law, we are delighted to offer this inaugural and bespoke programme delivered by Stephanie Harper.
What will it cover?
The session will explore why managing individuals may involve difficult conversations and how to approach these challenging situations. This professional learning is directed towards individuals who are new to management or have received limited training in handling difficult conversations.
The session will cover:
- Why are conversations difficult?
- The importance of holding difficult conversations
- Preparing and holding the conversation
- Options available to help resolve the situation
- Skills required to handle challenging situations
- Avoiding accusations of bullying and harassment
What are the outcomes?
At the end of the session attendees will:
- Possess a deeper understanding of the risks if difficult conversations are not held
- Enhance their powerful listening and constructive questioning skills
- Be more prepared and confident in handling a difficult conversation
- Develop an awareness of options available including when appropriate to hold a “protected conversation”
- Take away practical tools to assist when preparing for and, holding difficult conversations
Please note places are limited and hence early booking is recommended.