October 6, 2017
09:30 - 12:30
Arthur Conan Doyle Centre
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
for teachers, pastoral care staff, boarding staff, nurses
The day will be led by Emily Justice. Emily is an experienced mental health trainer with a particular interest in young people's mental health and mental health first aid (early intervention).
Aims of workshop
The aim of this half day workshop is to provide school staff with an awareness and understanding of the following key issues:
- the terms \"mental health\", \"mental health problems\" and \"mental wellbeing\";
- prevalence of mental health problems in young people and potential impact;
- an overview of anxiety, depression, self-harm, eating disorders and suicide;
- risk factors for mental health problems in young people;
- what recovery means and what helps recovery;
- resilience and protective factors for young people's mental health;
- the provision of mental health services and professional help.
**Please register as soon as possible and by Friday 25 August at the latest**
Registration from 9 a.m.