November 17, 2017
10:00 - 15:30
Edinburgh Hilton Grosvenor Hotel
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
Information Skills and Digital Literacy
School Libraries play a vital role in ensuring all people have the skills and abilities to succeed in the Digital Age. The ability to understand information and perform tasks in digital environments has become a key role of school librarians.
We are delighted that Sarah Pavey will be leading this day. Sarah is co-author of the Innovative School Librarian as well as the author of books for the Schools Library Association on mobile technology. In addition, she is a qualified trainer for the British Council Core Skills programme which includes digital literacy.
Sarah will lead colleagues through the information skills and digital literacy by exploring themes including:
- how the librarian can work collaboratively to deliver a joint lesson for any researched based topic
- effective lesson planning and research skills
- incorporating online databases and eBooks, phone apps as well as more traditional print resources
- academic honesty and referencing
The day will be supported with handouts and links to downloads of the materials used.
Please register as soon as possible and by Friday 3 November at the latest.
Registration from 9.30 a.m.