March 14, 2019
£275.00 per 2 day block
10:00 - 16:00
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh – Queensferry Crossing
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
For Pastoral Care/Guidance Teachers
The Scottish Government has cited improving the mental health of the population as a national priority. The 10-year strategy can be accessed here. The role of schools in this context is well documented and SCIS is committed to supporting schools in this respect. In addition to populating the Professional Learning programme with one-off seminars and events, we have developed a 3rd tier in our mental health pathway to eqip colleagues with the requisite professional learning (encompassing knowledge and skills) to support children and young people in this important area: CBT informed approaches.
Day Five will focus on:
- Understanding eating disorders
- Supporting pupils with issues of self harm
Day Six details to follow
The programme will be facilitated through residential experience* coupled with one stand-alone day:
5 and 6 - 14 and 15 March
7 tbc tbc (a school)
*The residential approach allows for evening sessions to be built into the programme.
The cost of the Programme includes all training, materials, accommodation and catering and is set as follows:
2-Day Residential £275 per 2-day block/single consultancy day £65
Total Cost - £890