January 16, 2019
£120.00 per day
10:00 - 15:30
Radisson Blu Edinburgh
The Royal Mile
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
3 DAY LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME – FOR DEVELOPING AND ASPIRING MIDDLE LEADERS
Please book your place on Middle Leadership Development Programme - Day One (26 September) to secure your place on this 3 day course.
Day 1: Wednesday, 26 September 2018
Day 3: Thursday, 21 March 2019
In partnership with the University of Highlands and Islands and Katie Banham, Learn to Flourish we are delighted to facilitate our team/middle leadership programme for session 2018-19. The course remains equally relevant to staff considering taking on a promoted role such as a Head of Department/Head of Year/Head of House/Head of Division etc. with responsibility for leading a team. It is also appropriate for colleagues currently in such roles who wish to re-fresh and develop their professional knowledge, skills and abilities.
Days one and two of this bespoke programme are grounded in the GTCS Professional Standards and the SCEL Middle Leadership framework. We are delighted that Professor Morag Redford, UHI will lead these days which will be complemented by self-study activities. Over the two days participants will:
- Explore the role of the middle leader in schools
- Develop skills and knowledge to lead people and teams
- Gain an acute understanding and work to evidence the Standard for Middle Leadership.
The first two days will be comprised of a number of themes:
- Introduction to Leadership and Professional Values
- The Role of a Middle Leader
- Leadership Styles and Leading Change
- Effective Evaluation for Middle Leaders
- Developing People and Teams
- Effective Communication and handling Challenging Conversations
- Evidencing the Standard for Middle Leadership
Day Three will be led by the popular Katie Banham of Learning to Flourish - http://www.learningtoflourish.co.uk/ and will develop a number of the core themes introduced during days one and two
Katie will take participants on a journey grounded in strengths-based approaches. She will illustrate how leadership, coaching and teamwork can be enhanced by utilising the DRIVE framework and empower participants to deploy strategies into their daily practice and enhance their leadership.
Delegates will be expected to attend all days of the course and will be invoiced on this basis.
**We anticipate this course will be in high demand, Please register as soon as possible**