January 24, 2020
12:30 - 16:30
The Edinburgh Academy
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
“A year in Adventure – empowering young people to build their own adventure toolkit”
This session will start at 1230 for registration and work through a variety of exercises, discussions and presentations to help us develop strategies and to look at the scaffolding we need to support adventure learning in our young people. We will focus on the Adventure Learning Pedagogy as our working principle.
Please see programme below:
- 1230 - Registration
- 1300-1345 – Intro and set the scene
- Define Adventure exercise
- Review Pedagogy for adventure
- 1345-1430 – Share the journey so far
- Examples from schools who are trying to embed the approach - this can be around the table exercise with feedback or a front and centre presentation from delegates....
- 1430-1500 – Group work, identify an area you feel could be more in line with the adventure learning pedagogy
- 1500-1530 - Break for coffee and networking chat
- 1530-1630 – Good practice, some shared approaches and new ideas - ideas about DofE routes, international adventure, low carbon adventure, different therapeutic activities within adventure, wild swimming and how we manage this.....