October 2, 2017
10:00 - 15:30
Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
Classroom Management; Home-School Links; GTCS
All probationers are warmly invited to attend the day which will provide a valuable opportunity for networking with other probationers and discussion around some key topics. Any other newly appointed/recently qualified teachers are very welcome to attend. The programme will include two main sessions:
Classroom Management: How to establish an effective and secure classroom
- Promoting good behaviour
- Structure within the classroom (one of the key motivational ‘drivers’)
- Resources, Routines, Rules, Routes
- The Lesson Cycle
- 7 Habits
- Setting priorities
- How to handle meetings with parents effectively
- Behavioural styles
- Genuine dialogue
- Planning and preparation
- Making homework more meaningful
- The nature, purpose and benefits of homework
The course will be led by Hilda de Felice, former secondary headteacher and an experienced and highly engaging presenter.
Completing the Probationary Period – GTCS requirements
The day will also include a session with aSenior Education Officer (Early Phase and Professional Learning) from the GTCS, who will explore further aspects of the SFR and answer any questions relating to registration with GTCS.
Please register as soon as possible and by Friday 22 September at the latest.
Coffee & Registration from 9:30a.m.