May 31, 2019
10:00 - 15:00
Radisson Blu Hotel
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
This is the final day in our series of events that comprise the SCIS TIS probationer pathway. All Probationers who are nearing completion of their Final Profile and achieving the Standard for Full Registration are warmly invited to attend.
The day will be comprised of three sessions:
Session One: Teacher Wellbeing – Feeling Good, Teaching Well
We are delighted to have secured Claire Lavelle, Founder and Managing Director of The Hive of Wellbeing to deliver a workshop tailored for probationers. Claire has over twenty years’ experience in education. The Hive aims to support a range of colleagues in getting into a “better-feeling place” by using coaching for performance principles, positive psychology approaches and self-efficacy theory.
Session Two: Review of the Induction Year
We once again welcome Elaine Napier, Senior Strategic Manager: Education, GTCS to lead this session, the aims of which are threefold:
• to share experience
• to celebrate success
• to give feedback to SCIS/GTCS
Probationers who engaged in practitioner enquiry will be invited to share their journey with others.
Session Three: Looking Forward
In the afternoon we will be joined by colleagues from SCEL/Education Scotland who will share their work and professional learning opportunities in the post-probation era.
All Probationers who have engaged in all or part of the SCIS Probationer Pathway this session, are warmly invited to attend