September 12, 2017
10:00 - 15:30
Radisson Blu Hotel
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
for PRD Reviewers, Heads of Dept, Line Manager
The Professional Review and Development (PRD) meeting between the individual teacher and his/her line manager/reviewer is a vital part of the PRD process, supporting the ongoing professional learning of colleagues. The PRD process has been put into the spotlight through GTCS Professional Update with a particular emphasis on coaching as an effective approach to PRD meetings.
Evaluations of Professional Update have identified positive changes in the nature and value of the PRD meeting, and in the approach underpinning the structure and focus of the PRD process. Evaluations also identify the need to support PRD Reviewers.
The programme will cover:
- The Quality of the PRD Process – effective and supportive PRD
- PRD self-evaluation tools including success wheels and scaling
- Coaching conversations incorporating effective questioning and listening
- Engaging with GTCS Professional Standards
The programme will aim to develop the skills and confidence of Reviewers to adopt coaching approaches and to appropriately challenge and develop meaningful dialogue around evidence of impact.
The day will be led by Jacqueline Morley, Senior Education Officer (Career-long Learning and Leadership) at GTCS.
**Please register as soon as possible and by Friday 1 September at the latest**
Coffee and Registration from 9:30a.m.