March 5, 2018
09:30 - 03:30
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
For – Junior School Teachers
We are delighted that Anne Glennie, founder of the learning zoo will deliver this day for colleagues. Anne will lead the day round the Reflective Reading methodology.
Created specifically for Scotland, Reflective Reading is a methodology that can be used from Primary 1 to Primary 7 (and beyond). This approach aims to:
- improve literacy standards, reading attainment and motivation in reading for all
- put the magic back into reading through fun, engaging ideas and activities for the teaching of reading comprehension
- create life-long readers with good reading habits, who enjoy and appreciate text in all its forms
Designed to be the ‘next steps’ for reading in Scotland, Reflective Reading responds to the aims and purposes of Curriculum for Excellence. The Child Friendly Reading Assessments are designed to generate and encourage a learning dialogue about reading to support Assessment is for Learning.
In addition, a new taxonomy for reading has been created to ensure that higher order thinking skills are embedded within the teaching of reading. It is anticipated that teachers and children will enjoy using the Comprehension Compass, creating Task Maps and completing Textplorers activities.
Anne will deliver a practical workshop designed to inform colleagues about the methodology whilst simultaneously modelling the approach.
More information about Reflective Reading can be found by accessing the above link.
**Please register as soon as possible and by Friday 16 February at the latest**