January 23, 2018
10:00 - 13:00
Radisson Blu Hotel
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
for Trip Leaders & Co-ordinators,& Outdoor Education Co-ordinators
This is Day 2 of the Preparation for School Trips programme designed to support staff preparing to lead a school trip.
The 2-day programme aims:
- To raise awareness of current issues and best practice
- To help schools to comply with local and national requirements
- To ensure all necessary steps have been taken to lead to a trouble free trip
Day 2 focuses on Safeguarding on School Trips and will be led by Dr Susan Hamilton, and Anne Darling.
The aims of this session are to:
- Build on your experience, identify your issues, and be aware of the safeguarding and child protection context of school trips
- Revisit the basic principles of Child Protection and the definitions of abuse
- Enhance your skills to screen information, apply thresholds, and take appropriate action
- Offer guidance on recording and the procedures to follow
This course will build on Day 1 (31 October 2017). However, if you were unable to attend Day 1, you are very welcome to sign up for Day 2 as a standalone course.
***Please register as soon as possible and by Friday 12 January at the latest.***