January 20, 2020
£75.00 per half day
10:00 - 13:00
Radisson Blu Edinburgh
The Royal Mile
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
All teachers leading school trips and school trip co-ordinators
The programme aims:
- To raise awareness of current issues and best practice
- To help schools to comply with local and national requirements
- To ensure all necessary steps have been taken to lead to a trouble free trip
The course will be led by Dr Susan Hamilton and Anne Darling, Child Protection Consultants, with input from colleagues in the sector with a wealth of experience in leading school trips, expeditions and exchanges at home and abroad.
Day 2: Safeguarding Pupils on School Trips
The aims of this half day course are to:
- Build on your experience, identify your issues, and be aware of the safeguarding and child protection context of school trips
- Enhance your skills to screen information, apply thresholds, and take appropriate action
- Understand the guidance on recording and information sharing, and the procedures to follow.
- Examine the risks posed by E-technology to pupils and be aware of the curriculum implications.