March 1, 2018
09:30 - 15:30
Edinburgh Hilton Grosvenor
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
Output to Impact: impact evaluation for school librarians
The day will be led by Dr Carolynn Rankin, Visiting Fellow at Leeds Beckett University. The focus will be on the challenges and opportunities in demonstrating the value and impact of your school library. We will highlight reasons for evaluating impact and discuss how to plan for the process.
The CILIP Professional Knowledge and Skills Base (PKSB) context will be:
4.1 Understanding research
9.2 Strategic thinking
9.4 Demonstrating value
9.6 Influencing key stakeholders
11.2 Communicating with stakeholders
11.6 Quality management
The themes covered will include:
• Demonstrating value - measuring up for success
• The elusive evidence - generating and gathering relevant data. Input and output measures alone do not provide the information you need to assess library impact
• Stakeholder analysis - power and interest
• Developing an evaluation plan for your school library
• Communicating with stakeholders - impact reporting beyond the statistics to present the elusive evidence
The training day will be interactive and include a mix of presentations, workshop and group activities and opportunities for reflective practice. Delegates are invited to bring examples of library development plans or reports for discussion on the day.