November 20, 2017
09:30 - 15:30
Radisson Blu Hotel
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
Coaching is the ultimate in personalised learning and development, with a wealth of evidence to demonstrate its performance benefits in business and educational settings. In recent years, one of the biggest breakthroughs in leadership thinking has been in the area of strengths-based approaches to performance development. The scientific evidence shows that in our increasingly complex and demanding workplaces, fixing what’s wrong isn’t sufficient to navigate change; we also need to stretch what’s strong. Strengths-focused coaching enhances performance by increasing staff trust, resourcefulness and resilience and by reducing stress.
This strengths-focused coaching course, limited to a maximum of 15 delegates, provides an intensive training opportunity to build your coaching capability. The one-day workshop is framed around the SPARK coaching framework:
S – Strengths
P – Potential
A – Appreciation
R – Reaching out
K – Kick-starting
• Increased confidence in your coaching skills
• Insight into the strengths-focused approach
• Understanding how strengths-focused coaching enhances performance
• Experience of the SPARK framework
• A practical toolkit for immediate impact
• Better relationships with your colleagues
• Greater freedom in how you lead
• Potential to transform the culture of your school
This course is run by Katie Banham, a chartered psychologist and coach who runs her own practice ‘Learning to Flourish’. Further information about Katie can be found on the Learning to Flourish website - http://www.learningtoflourish.co.uk/
All delegates will be expected to participate fully in active coaching sessions. Participants should come along with a willingness to coach and to be coached around real life issues. This course is an excellent foundation for the SCIS Coaching Diploma.
** Please register as soon as possible and by Friday 10 November at the latest **
Coffee & registration from 9 a.m.