September 19, 2018
£120.00 per day
10:00 - 15:15
Radisson Blu Edinburgh
The Royal Mile
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
3 Day Leadership Development Programme – for developing and aspiring support staff managers
NB: Participants will automatically be registered onto Day 2 & 3.
Day 2 & 3: Wednesday, 21 November 2018 and Wednesday, 23 January 2019
In partnership with Navigator Law we are delighted to offer the inaugural leadership development programme that is bespoke to the sector and generic in nature to allow it to cater for support staff in a range of roles.
This 3-day certificated programme will equip colleagues with a range of knowledge, skills and abilities to support them in leadership roles. Colleagues will gain a
- Deeper understanding of their role.
- Improved communication skills with different individuals within their team.
- Increased confidence to motivate, develop and engage with others.
- Practical tools to assist managing on a daily basis.
Day One focus: How to Manage Self and Others
Day Two focus: How to Encourage Positive Performance and Handle Difficult Conversations
Day Three focus: How to Ensure Dignity at Work; and How to Handle Discipline and Grievance Effectively
Day One is designed to enable colleagues know the expectations of the role and are confident in carrying out the responsibilities. This session will cover:
- The primary responsibilities of a line manager.
- The key skills needed to fill the role.
- How to approach situations with confidence.
- Appreciating individual differences and how to capitalise on these.
- Effective time management techniques.
- Influencing others.
Please note due to the interactive nature of this Programme, places are limited.
**Please register as soon as possible to secure your place.**