January 23, 2019
£120.00 per day
10:00 - 15:15
Radisson Blu Edinburgh
The Royal Mile
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
3 DAY LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME – FOR DEVELOPING AND ASPIRING SUPPORT STAFF MANAGERS
Please book your place on Support Staff Leadership Development Programme – Day One (19 September 2018) to secure your place on this 3 day course.
The final day of the Programme will be comprised of two sessions. The morning session will consider the skills, knowledge and approach managers should use in the context of Dignity at Work. A number of areas will be explored including: Why it is important to be inclusive?
The legal background and the expectations on employers (and managers); Recognising inappropriate workplace behaviours and language and The importance of the first initial response and subsequent stages to follow when allegations are made. Following this session, participants will acquire knowledge and skills including:
- How they can reduce the likelihood of discrimination, bullying and harassment claims.
- Increased awareness of the legislative stance on discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- By talking through mock bullying and harassment scenarios, improved confidence to handle these sensitive matters.
- Practical take away tools to assist when handling these sensitive issues.
The Programme will conclude with a session to consider How to Handle Discipline and Grievance Effectively. Participants will gain:
- A deeper understanding of the discipline & grievance process.
- Awareness of the legislative stance on discipline & grievance.
- Increased confidence to handle these sensitive matters.
- Practical take away tools to assist when handling discipline & grievance issues.
Please note due to the interactive nature of this Programme, places are limited.