November 21, 2018
£120.00 per day
10:00 - 15:15
Radisson Blu Edinburgh
The Royal Mile
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
3 DAY LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME – FOR DEVELOPING AND ASPIRING SUPPORT STAFF MANAGERS
Please book your place on Support Staff Leadership Development Programme – Day One (19 September 2018) to secure your place on this 3 day course.
Day Two acknowledges that it can be challenging to establish a positive performance culture within an organisation. It will take a plunge into the best practices for establishing and maintaining strong performance management techniques.
The session will explore why managing individuals may involve difficult conversations and how to approach these challenging situations. Course objectives include understanding how to best resolve conflict by introducing the Johari window and GROW model of coaching. These models help individuals gain confidence in their managing techniques. Following this day, participants will acquire:
- A deeper understanding of strategies to create a positive performance management culture.
- An awareness of the role of coaching, mentoring and mediation in improving performance.
- Knowledge of the red flags to look out for when dealing with individual performance issues.
- Insights into the signs that an employee is underperforming due to lack of capability.
- Practical tools to assist when managing others performance.