September 13, 2017
09:30 - 03:30
Radisson Blu Hotel
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
for aspiring Heads of Department
Our popular 2-day team/middle leadership course has been re-designed for Session 2017-18. The course remains equally relevant to staff considering taking on a promoted role such as a Head of Department/Head of Year/Head of House/Head of Division etc. with responsibility for leading a team. It is also appropriate for colleagues currently in such roles who wish to re-fresh and develop their professional knowledge, skills and abilities.
Day 1 will be comprised of 3 learning themes:
Leadership, Teams and Positive Progress
- What is the essence of effective leadership?
- How to build and manage high performing teams
- How to establish a positive, learning centred culture
Getting the Best out of the People and Performance
- Empowerment and Motivation
- Effective Communication
- Introduction to Coaching Approaches
Ways to Work around Problems and Issues
- Addressing underperformance
- Conflict management
- The first steps of change management
Day One will led by practitioners and academics from Unicorn Arc – specialists in delivering transformational change initiatives. They have designed this bespoke day specifically for SCIS.
Day Two - January 25 2018 - will be led by the popular Katie Banham of Learning to Flourish and will develop a number of the core themes introduced during day one.
Katie will take participants on a journey grounded in strengths-based approaches. She will illustrate how leadership, coaching and teamwork can be enhanced by utilising the DRIVE framework and empower participants to deploy strategies into their daily practice and enhance their authentic leadership.
Delegates will be expected to attend both days of the course and will be invoiced for both. When you register for Day 1, you will automatically be registered for Day 2.
**We anticipate this course will be in high demand, Please register as soon as possible and by Friday 1 September at the latest **
Cost of this course is £120 per day
Registration and coffee from 9 a.m.
Day 2 will be Thursday 25 January 2018