November 1, 2018
10:00 - 15:30
Radisson Blu Edinburgh
The Royal Mile
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 days prior to the event.
- For residential courses cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
For – School Governors and Child Protection Officers
It is anticipated that Governors with Safeguarding responsibilities and Child Protection Co-ordinators will find this seminar of equal value.
Increasingly, HMIe through their external review processes require schools toprovide self-evaluation evidence related to child protection and safeguarding. The focus is on the effectiveness and impact of practices, any relevant issues that are being addressed and/or improvements that are being made.
The day will be led by Dr Susan Hamilton, author of the SCIS Child Protection Guidance 2018. Sue will co-deliver with Anne Darling. Sue and Anne have extensive knowledge of the issues facing the sector and the need to exercise good governance in this context.
The theme throughout the day will be the roles and responsibilities of Governors for safeguarding and child protection in the school. Implicit in this is the relationship and collaborative approach with Child Protection Co-ordinators.
Sue and Anne will provide an informative and engaging session which will be complemented by input from the sector.
The Edinburgh Academy and The Glasgow Academy will share their journeys in this respect giving consideration to a number of factors related to good practice including:
- Approaches to self-evaluation
- Collaborative working
- Quality assurance
- Good governance and accountability