Admissions RegistrarKelvinside Academy , City of Glasgow
Please apply before 06/02/2019 at 12:00 pm
33 Kirklee Road, Glasgow, G12 0SW
Mr Ian H Munro
0141 357 3376
Vacancy Description / Summary
Kelvinside Academy is a successful independent school with a 140-year history. Due to the retirement of the current post holder, we seek an outstanding Admissions Registrar to join our thriving Marketing and Admissions Department.
You will be enthusiastic, full of creative ideas and willing to play your part in a cohesive and ambitious team. The Admissions Registrar will have responsibility for the day to day pupil recruitment and admissions process for our Nurseries, and Junior and Senior schools.
The role centres upon building strong and lasting relationships with prospective parents and pupils. As a prominent public representative of the School you will excel in customer service and be energetic and enthusiastic with outstanding communication and organisational skills. Previous experience in a similar role within the education sector would be beneficial.
Normal working hours are 35 hours per week Monday to Friday, however the successful applicant will be expected to be flexible and work additional hours around School events such as Open Day and Assessment Day.
Main Areas of Responsibility
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all enquiries relating to pupil admissions.
• Manage and execute an efficient, warm and welcoming admissions service, ensuring a professional approach to parents, pupils, staff and the wider public.
• To work closely with prospective pupils and parents to understand their individual needs and effectively communicate how the School’s ethos and values align to those needs.
• To manage the end to end administration all pupil applications.
• To ensure effective and accurate reporting of recruitment figures, trends and projections to the Director of Admissions and Communications.
• To ensure the School’s Admissions data system is kept up to date and accurate at all times.
How to apply:
The post is tenable from March 2019. A completed application form, available from the School’s website, and letter of application should be sent to the Rector, Mr I H Munro, by noon on Wednesday 6 February 2019.
About the School
From 1 to 18 years, education at Kelvinside Academy is designed to challenge every child to be and do their best in every aspect of life. Excellence in the classroom is non-negotiable, but when educating pupils, teachers won’t stop there.
In a world full of uncertainty and rapid technological advancement, SQA exam grades alone are no longer enough. Intellectual curiosity, a passion for learning, critical thought, resilience and empathy are dispositions required by students to compete in the 21st Century.
Pastoral care is at the heart of a Kelvinside education, where the size of our pupil population allows teachers to know every pupil, ensuring a caring and nurturing learning environment. At Kelvinside Academy, the whole child is the whole point.