Classroom & Sports Coaching InternThe Edinburgh Academy , City of Edinburgh
Please apply before 31/05/2019 at 12:00 am
42 Henderson Row, Edinburgh, EH3 5BL
0131 556 4603
Vacancy Description / Summary
Job Title Classroom & Sports Coaching Intern
Department Transition & Sports
Location Senior School
Reporting To Head of Transition Years & Director of Sport
Hours 0830-1700 Monday to Friday (& Saturday mornings)
Duration Term Time only - Fixed Term 22 August 2019 – 26 June 2020
Overall purpose of the role:
You will work alongside teaching staff where you will be responsible for providing additional support in the smooth operation of the Senior School. During the first half of the day you will be responsible for actively assisting pupils in the classroom, providing administrative assistance, as well as, assisting in the organisation of resources and activities. During the second half of the day you will support the Games Staff in providing sports coaching to pupils of all ages. Additional Saturday working will be required if you become involved in coaching a School sports team.
Principal Accountabilities – AM Classroom & Support for Learning / PM PE & Games Coaching
• Assisting with Geits (P7) supervision during and between lessons
• Accompanying Geits during assemblies, games and trips (where needed)
• Assisting with playground and lunchtime supervision
• Providing additional support at School events such as drama productions and sports days
Support for Learning
• Providing classroom assistance for pupils where needed (all years)
• Working one-to-one or in small groups to support pupils with their School work
• Assisting with exams and revision planning
• Reading or scribing during exams and controlled assessments as required
PE & Games Coaching
• Afternoons will be spent supporting the PE and Games programme at both the Junior and Senior Schools. Core School sports are:
Boys: Rugby, Hockey, Cricket and Athletics
Girls: Hockey, Athletics and Tennis
• Assisting in the coaching of sport and swimming lessons
• Assisting with the games programme
• Umpiring cricket matches on occasional weekends
• Assisting with cricket, athletics and tennis during the summer term
The Rector/Bursar retain the right to implement changes to this job description to reflect changes in the demands of the post
To apply: Please send your CV, along with a completed application form and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the post by 31 May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full job description and application form can be found on our website: https://www.edinburghacademy.org.uk/590/vacancies
About the School
Grounded in Scotland, Ready for the World. The Edinburgh Academy is a co-educational school catering for 2-18 years and the pupils of the Edinburgh Academy live their lives along the lines of our motto: ‘Aien Arsteuein’ (Always Excel).
As an outward looking Scottish school, the attributes of the Academy Learner are resilience, curiosity, independence, collaborative attitudes and creativity. These are nurtured in a caring environment through our exceptional academic offering but also through the expressive arts, outdoor education, sport and service to the community.
With our excellent staff to pupil ratios, we believe that we offer each individual a holistic education that is second to none.