Events & Lettings ManagerThe Edinburgh Academy , City of Edinburgh
Please apply before 25/05/2018 at 12:00 am
42 Henderson Row, Edinburgh, EH3 5BL
0131 624 4920
Vacancy Description / Summary
The Events & Lettings Manager is responsible for the delivery of commercial activities, including: external lettings; functions; bar sales; and merchandising through the School’s Trading Company The Trading Company has two divisions, one overseeing the letting and utilising of the School’s sports facilities and the second dealing with all other commercial activities associated with letting the facilities and merchandising. The Events & Lettings Manager will be responsible for the business development of this division.
This appointment is a permanent full time, 40 hours per week with 28 days holiday per year. Evening and weekend work is required.
• Responsible for management and administration of all external bookings of non-sporting School activities from initial enquiry through to completion.
• Act as Venue Manager of external events when required.
• To be the responsible license holder of the sale of alcohol at events hosted on the School site.
• Responsible for merchandise and stock (including the provision of alcohol for external events) and the proper administration of both.
• Responsible for stock management and controls.
• Liaison with Accounts Department to ensure proper invoicing to external parties and timely payment to suppliers.
• Assist the Financial Controller and Trading Company Accountant with the preparation of budgets and business plans on an annual basis.
• Support delivery of School and Academical community events and provide alcohol to such events when required.
• Liaise with other School Departments for event delivery, particularly Facilities, Catering and Administration
• Maintain appropriate venue diaries and booking records.
Essential Person Specification
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
• A proactive approach to resolving any issues that may arise, by assessing impact and identifying those that need to be escalated for resolution.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify issues and/or risks.
• Experience of working in a multi-venue organisation, preferably a school, college or university
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (Outlook, Word and Excel).
• Experience of working in a customer-focused environment, commercially aware with the skills and talents to manage and develop the activity of a small business.
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 + benefits depending on experience
A full job description and application form can be found on our website https://www.edinburghacademy.org.uk/vacancies-ss
To apply: Please send your C.V along with a completed application form and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the post to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Closing Date: 25th May 2018
Interviews to be held tentatively during week commencing 28th May 2018
Position to start by Mutual Agreement
About the School
Grounded in Scotland, Ready for the World. The Edinburgh Academy is a co-educational school catering for 2-18 years and the pupils of the Edinburgh Academy live their lives along the lines of our motto: ‘Aien Arsteuein’ (Always Excel).
As an outward looking Scottish school, the attributes of the Academy Learner are resilience, curiosity, independence, collaborative attitudes and creativity. These are nurtured in a caring environment through our exceptional academic offering but also through the expressive arts, outdoor education, sport and service to the community.
With our excellent staff to pupil ratios, we believe that we offer each individual a holistic education that is second to none.