Head of CommunicationsGeorge Watson's College , City of Edinburgh
Please apply before 23/03/2018 at 11:59 pm
Colinton Road, Edinburgh,
0131 603 9855
Vacancy Description / Summary
The Head of Communications appointment presents a unique opportunity to join a leading Scottish Brand with a distinctive profile embracing both a rich historical legacy and a modern and inclusive approach; offering a genuinely challenging and rewarding position.
The Head of Communications will lead the development and implementation of a communications strategy which continues to raise the School’s profile and reputation and its relationship with wide ranging and diverse stakeholders.
To be considered for this role candidates will:
• Have demonstrable experience delivering a multi-faceted communications strategy to a variety of key stakeholders
• Be passionate about continuous improvement – with the capacity to reflect and adapt to ensure the communications strategy is optimised and robust
• Have the desire to champion the communications strategy, to ‘educate’ the internal stakeholders in delivery and ‘best-practice’
• Have strong organisational and time-management skills – able to prioritise and work effectively both independently and as part of the wider team
• Previous team-management experience would be advantageous
• Candidates will ideally possess a relevant qualification or professional industry membership, for example CIPR / PRCA
This is a full-time permanent post, based on a working week of 40 hours. The salary for this post is up to £50,000 per annum and is depending on experience and qualifications. In addition, we offer a contributory pension scheme, seven weeks’ annual leave, free gym membership and discounted school fees.
If you wish to apply or have a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please contact Stephanie Halliday at Edison Bond on 0131 603 9855 or email@example.com.
About the School
George Watson's College is an independent day school for boys and girls from the ages of 3 to 18 in south west Edinburgh.
The curriculum is adapting to the innovations inherent in Scotland’s Curriculum for Excellence and the new Scottish National Qualifications. In addition, the School offers its older pupils the opportunity to take the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme.
The School is one of the schools of the Company of Merchants of the City of Edinburgh and is governed by the Merchant Company Education Board.