Junior School InternThe Edinburgh Academy , City of Edinburgh
Please apply before 20/05/2019 at 12:00 am
Junior School and Nursery,
EH3 5PL, Edinburgh, EH3 5PL
0131 556 4603
Vacancy Description / Summary
Job Title Junior School Intern
Location Junior School
Reporting To Headteacher
Hours 0800-1715 Mon/Wed, 0800-1630 Tues/Fri, 0800-1700 Thurs
Duration Term Time only - (Fixed Term 22 August 2019 – 26 June 2020)
Overall purpose of the role:
Working alongside teaching and support staff, you will provide additional support in the smooth operation of the Junior School. You will be responsible for actively assisting pupils in the classroom, providing administrative assistance, and assisting in the organisation of resources and activities.
This is an ideal job for a graduate looking to gain experience prior to applying for primary teacher training.
• Assisting with the teaching and learning process in classrooms
• Being part of the staff team on all Junior School residential trips and assisting on other trips as required
• Providing additional support at School events such as drama productions and sports days
• Providing additional support to the Junior School Office team in the organisation and production of reprographic tasks
• Carrying out administrative tasks as directed by the Office Manager
• Assisting with playground and lunchtime supervision
PE & Games Coaching
• Assisting with the games programme, as directed by the HT. This may involve working on Saturday mornings
• Assisting in the coaching of sport and swimming lessons, as directed by the HT.
• Supervision of pupils following SS Games on Monday and Wednesday afternoons (until 17:15)
The Headteacher retains the right to implement changes to this job description to reflect changes in the demands of the post
To apply: Please send your CV, along with a completed application form and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the post by 31 May 2019 to email@example.com.
A full job description and application form can be found on our website:https://www.edinburghacademy.org.uk/590/vacancies
About the School
Grounded in Scotland, Ready for the World. The Edinburgh Academy is a co-educational school catering for 2-18 years and the pupils of the Edinburgh Academy live their lives along the lines of our motto: ‘Aien Arsteuein’ (Always Excel).
As an outward looking Scottish school, the attributes of the Academy Learner are resilience, curiosity, independence, collaborative attitudes and creativity. These are nurtured in a caring environment through our exceptional academic offering but also through the expressive arts, outdoor education, sport and service to the community.
With our excellent staff to pupil ratios, we believe that we offer each individual a holistic education that is second to none.