Lettings AssistantThe Edinburgh Academy , City of Edinburgh
Please apply before 18/04/2019 at 12:00 am
42 Henderson Row, Edinburgh, EH3 5BL
0131 6556 4603
Vacancy Description / Summary
Salary £13,650 FTE (£18,200 pro rata)
Overall Purpose of the role:
Working under the direction of the Events & Lettings Manager you will contribute to the smooth running of the external letting programme by supporting the preparation of and being present during the use of the School premises on occasional weeknights, most weekends and in School holidays, as well as undertaking relevant duties associated with successful operation of the lettings programme.
The Lettings Assistant must work within the EA policies and procedures and in compliance with all relevant Acts and Legislation. The post is part-time for a 30 hour week working predominantly Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, as well as, during the School holidays
The Edinburgh Academy presents a varied programme of commercial activity when the School is not in session, particularly during the summer months when it is the location for international summer schools and is a venue for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. The facilities are increasingly popular as a wedding and concert venue.
• To support the Events & Lettings Manager to prepare for events using recognised processes that will include; communication with all stakeholders, ensuring events are booked on the school calendar, booking event space, arranging catering, AV equipment ( if required), event signage, and the setting up of events.
• To maintain the security of the grounds and premises and their contents during lettings periods (predominantly weekends); key holding duties including opening and closing of the school and ensuring all buildings are secure, alarms set and electrical equipment switched off.
• To liaise with prospective hirers and assess requirements and suitability.
• To be the responsible license holder for the sale of alcohol at events hosted on the School site.
• Assist in the set up and maintenance of all event and bar service areas, including running the bar with support from bar staff where required.
• Conduct site visits with clients to confirm events, or update information from returning clients.
• Car parking duties for events.
• Ensure all information is dealt with in a professional, timely, customer focussed manner.
• Helping set up and dismantle events efficiently through to completion.
• General housekeeping - remove refuse and clean up spillages etc.
• General Porterage duties (furniture, bar stock, rubbish etc.).
• To become familiar with opening and locking up procedures of all school sites in order to cover for absent colleagues.
Health & Safety
• Ensure fire safety doors are kept in order and closed at all times unless fitted with approved opening systems.
• To report any issues affecting the health and safety of persons on site to the Head Janitor/Facilities Manager by the quickest possible means.
• To immediately clean up any hazard to clients (i.e. broken glass, liquids on stairs and floors etc.).
• Assist with carrying out risk assessments for own areas of work in consultation with Events & Lettings/Facilities Manager.
EA Trading LTD will put the post holder through the SCPLH Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders course.
A full job description and application form can be found on: https://www.edinburghacademy.org.uk/vacancies-ss
To apply: Please send your CV, along with a completed application form and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the post by Thursday 18 April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the School
Grounded in Scotland, Ready for the World. The Edinburgh Academy is a co-educational school catering for 2-18 years and the pupils of the Edinburgh Academy live their lives along the lines of our motto: ‘Aien Arsteuein’ (Always Excel).
As an outward looking Scottish school, the attributes of the Academy Learner are resilience, curiosity, independence, collaborative attitudes and creativity. These are nurtured in a caring environment through our exceptional academic offering but also through the expressive arts, outdoor education, sport and service to the community.
With our excellent staff to pupil ratios, we believe that we offer each individual a holistic education that is second to none.