Libabry Assistant & After School ClubThe Edinburgh Academy , City of Edinburgh
Please apply before 25/09/2019 at 12:00 am
42 Henderson Row, Edinburgh, EH3 5BL
Vacancy Description / Summary
The post holder will assist the School Librarian in promoting and developing the Senior School Library as a place that directly supports the education of our pupils. The role is comprised of administrative duties, as well as, the supervision of students within the Library. Good communication and organisational skills will be essential requirements for this role.
• Managing the issuing and returning of the library’s stock
• Supervision of students using the library after school
• Administration duties using Cover Staffing software
• Other duties reasonable to assist in the smooth operation of the library
• A good standard of general education
• A good level of ICT skills with the ability to use MS Office
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to communicate well within the School and wider communities
• Good organisational skills
• Ability to deal confidentially with enquiries from library users
• Enjoy working with young people
• Previous Library Experience
• Previous experience working in a school or other academic environment
This is a part time role, the hours are 4 pm to 6 pm, Monday to Friday ( Term Time only). The post is available for an immediate start and scheduled to terminate on December 18th 2019 in the first instance.
The job description and application form can be found on the school's website: https://www.edinburghacademy.org.uk/590/vacancies/careers/1087/library-assistant-and-after-school-club
To apply: Please send your CV, along with completed application form and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the School
Grounded in Scotland, Ready for the World. The Edinburgh Academy is a co-educational school catering for 2-18 years and the pupils of the Edinburgh Academy live their lives along the lines of our motto: ‘Aien Arsteuein’ (Always Excel).
As an outward looking Scottish school, the attributes of the Academy Learner are resilience, curiosity, independence, collaborative attitudes and creativity. These are nurtured in a caring environment through our exceptional academic offering but also through the expressive arts, outdoor education, sport and service to the community.
With our excellent staff to pupil ratios, we believe that we offer each individual an holistic education that is second to none.