Nursery Support Worker - Part-timeBelmont House School , East Renfrewshire
Please apply before 17/02/2020 at 4:00 pm
Newton Mearns, Glasgow , G77 5DU
Mr M Shanks
0141 639 2922
Vacancy Description / Summary
Part-time hours: 9am – 1pm. Monday to Friday. Until end of term June 2020.
We strive to provide an enriching, nurturing environment both indoors and out to help promote children's independence and curiosity. You will be required to work as part of an Early Years childcare team to offer children a safe, secure, caring and supportive environment and to deliver a high standard of childcare and education.
The postholder will be required to:
• To work within our Early Years Team, supporting the planning and implementation of activities with individual or groups of children; promoting effective teaching and learning.
• Participate in the provision of planned and unplanned learning experiences utilising the following documentation: Curriculum for Excellence, How good is our Early Learning and Childcare etc.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• A relevant qualification (i.e. an HNC Childcare and Education or equivalent) or working towards this qualification and be willing to undertake any training and development, where required.
• Knowledge of the relevant legislation for childcare services.
• Knowledge of the standards set by the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
• Experience of working in a pre-5 environment.
Successful candidates will need to complete an application for membership to the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme (Children), as well as complete registration to join the Scottish Social Services Council.
If you wish to be considered for the post please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the names of two referees.
About the School
Belmont House School is an all-through co-educational school in the south side of Glasgow.
We value every child for the individual that they are and with a roll of fewer than 300 pupils and genuinely small class sizes at every stage in the School, we strive to develop each child's unique talents and abilities through personal attention, a broad and balanced education through to Advanced Higher in a very wide range of subjects and an extensive range of extra-curricular opportunities.
The School is a community where friendliness and mutual respect are encouraged, providing the educational and social conditions for each pupil to thrive, building their self-esteem and confidence and thus helping them to achieve and exceed their potential.