PA to the Director/Database Assistant - Development & Alumni Relations OfficeThe Edinburgh Academy , City of Edinburgh
Please apply before 28/03/2019 at 12:00 am
42 Henderson Row, Edinburgh, EH3 5BL
0131 624 4920
Vacancy Description / Summary
Overall purpose of the role:
To provide administrative and secretarial support for the Director of Development & Alumni Relations. This will involve working with the Development Officer and the Alumni Relations Officer, to ensure that all data on the thankQ database is kept up to date, and all donations are accurately recorded. You will also act as minute secretary at official meetings associated with the Office.
• Act as the first point of contact for the Development & Alumni Relations Office
• Diary management, arrange travel/accommodation, as well as, prepare and submit travel expenses
• Manage various communications including fielding telephone calls, emails and all internal and external mail
• Handle the preparations and arrangements for official meetings and events to include the timely issuing of agendas / papers
• Take minutes at official meetings and ensure that these are produced in a timely manner for review and distribution
• Ensure that all agendas and supporting papers are stored and easily accessible for review, both on the computer and on
• Draft correspondence and reports
• Prepare presentations to be given by the Director
• Research, collate and present data as required for Director’s use
• Liaise with internal departments and third parties
• Handle confidential information
• Make appropriate arrangements for refreshments for the Director’s meetings as and when required
Database Assistant duties
• Work with the Alumni Relations Officer and Development Officer to provide accurate, timely, and confidential administration of
the school’s CRM database (currently thankQ)
• Data inputting, cleansing, maintenance and generation of reports for the Development & Alumni Relations team
• Update the thankQ database as required with financial transactions, contact details, contact preferences and mailing
• Run the data segmentation for publications and events mailings
• Ensure that relevant mailing lists are kept up to date
These key tasks are not intended to be exhaustive, but they highlight a number of major tasks that the post-holder may be reasonably expected to undertake.
NB: Some official meetings and events take place outside of normal working hours.
E = Essential
D = Desirable
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher – E
• Experience of working with databases - E
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills - E
• Excellent organisation and planning skills - E
• Motivated and have the ability to take the initiative to manage tasks - E
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team - E
• Ability to liaise and engage positively with staff members and external contacts at all levels - E
• Experience of providing administrative support at a senior management level - D
• First rate business writing skills and experience of minute-taking – E
• Fast and accurate word-processing skills - E
• Ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks concurrently- E
• Diary management skills – D
• Ability to work with existing systems in place whilst developing new systems – D
• Attention to detail- E
• Ability to work confidentially, with discretion and integrity - E
• Ability to manage differing personalities – D
• Flexible approach to the role - E
To apply: Please send your CV, along with a completed application form and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the post by Thursday 28 March 2019 to email@example.com.
Interviews for short-listed candidates will take place on Thursday 11th April 2019.
A full job description and application form can be found on our website:
About the School
Grounded in Scotland, Ready for the World. The Edinburgh Academy is a co-educational school catering for 2-18 years and the pupils of the Edinburgh Academy live their lives along the lines of our motto: ‘Aien Arsteuein’ (Always Excel).
As an outward looking Scottish school, the attributes of the Academy Learner are resilience, curiosity, independence, collaborative attitudes and creativity. These are nurtured in a caring environment through our exceptional academic offering but also through the expressive arts, outdoor education, sport and service to the community.
With our excellent staff to pupil ratios, we believe that we offer each individual a holistic education that is second to none.