School AdministratorSt Columba's School , Inverclyde
Please apply before 10/12/2018 at 1:00 pm
Duchal Road, Kilmacolm, PA13 4AU
Mrs Moira McWhirter
PA to the Rector
Vacancy Description / Summary
• Assist in the Music Department for a period of four hours per week
• Provide administrative support to Support for Learning and Guidance staff for a period of six hours per week
• Responsibility for recording Order Marks and Credit Marks
• Assist with the paperwork associated with the Honours Committee
• Assist in the organisation of School trips and liaise appropriately with staff organiser, including organising bus hire/travel for trips and outings
• Assist in organisation of School photographs
• Assist in organisation of paperwork with regard to preparation of School Handbook, Induction Handbook and Information Folder
• Occasional Reception cover at Junior and/or Senior School
• Fire drill duties
• First Aider
• Additional duties as delegated by the Rector’s PA
37.5 hours per week. Salary £19,000
Hours of Work
The normal working day is Monday to Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm during term-time as well as outwith term-time.
25 days’ paid leave entitlement plus 8 customary days. It is expected that this leave will be taken during school closure periods.
This appointment will be subject to the satisfactory completion of a probationary period of six months.
The school offers a contributory pension scheme.
This role will normally involve contact with pupils; therefore, in the context of his/her employment the member of staff will frequently be in the presence of children and will, therefore, have to have appropriate levels of training in child protection.
Prior to taking up this post, the successful applicant must be registered with Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme.
Letters of application and CVs with the names and email addresses of two referees should be sent to the Rector by 1.00pm on Monday, 10 December 2018 either by email to email@example.com or by post to St Columba’s School, Duchal Road, Kilmacolm PA13 4AU. Interviews will be held on Thursday, 13 December 2018.
Candidates are welcome to contact Mrs Moira McWhirter, PA to the Rector, to discuss the post informally on 01505 872238 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the School
St Columba’s is an HMC, non-denominational School founded in 1897, initially as a School for Girls. It has been co-educational since 1982 with equal numbers of boys and girls. The School currently holds Investor in People status at Gold level.
There has been significant investment in facilities, including the opening of an additional Junior School building in 2001. In recent years, a number of major developments of the School’s facilities have been undertaken including: the refurbishment of the Science building; the replacement of the Astro turf hockey pitch; and a major development of the Junior School grounds as well as an extension to the Senior School which includes a pastoral care suite, a new library, 13 new classrooms and faculty bases.