School NurseCargilfield , City of Edinburgh
Please apply before 03/01/2019 at 12:00 pm
Cargilfield School, 45 Gamekeeper's Road
, Edinburgh, EH4 6HU
0131 336 2207
Vacancy Description / Summary
We are seeking to recruit an experienced School Nurse to join us at the start of the Spring Term in January 2019.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, qualified nurse. He/she will be prepared to participate fully in the busy life of the School, provide outstanding pastoral and nursing care and contribute to the ongoing development of the medical department in the School. The School would be particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience of or a demonstrable understanding of the ethos of a leading independent school.
Cargilfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and PVG.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Further details about the School can be found at www.cargilfield.com
Detailed Job Description
Weekly Hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm, term time only.
There will be the requirement for occasional extra sessions at a weekend to cover sports tournaments although there will also have flexibility within the weekday hours.
• To assist the Health and Welfare of both Boarding and Day children;
• To maintain the medical records of all pupils;
• To distribute medical information to the wider School as necessary (Form teachers, Catering team etc…);
• To correctly administer, document and store all medicines as required;
• To drive children to medical appointments (doctor, dentist, hospital, social workers etc…);
• To administer first aid as required;
• To provide ‘touch line’ first aid for all home games on weekdays and on occasional weekends as required;
• To contact parents if a child is unwell or has had an accident;
• To liaise with parents over medical matters and deal with parental concerns where necessary;
• To ensure that all pupils (but with particular emphasis on Boarders) are eating a nutritional and well balanced diet;
• To supervise the changing rooms at 14.00, 15.05 and again at 16.05;
• To be involved in pastoral meetings as required;
• To be involved in the School’s PSHE programme as required;
• To attend First Aid, Child Protection, GIRFEC & Health & Safety training as required;
• To be fully versed in Care Inspectorate & NMC standards and procedures and ensure that these are adhered to;
• To ensure that NMC registration is maintained and professional development undertaken as required;
• To maintain good order and discipline among pupils and to safeguard their health, safety, and general welfare, with particular reference to the School’s Child Protection Policy;
• To communicate any significant welfare issue or any Child Protection issue to the Child Protection Officer or Headmaster;
• To take part in the School’s Staff Appraisal system;
• To be familiar with the contents of the Staff Handbook, and all academic and welfare policies set down by the school;
• To be available for two days at the end of each term and two days before the beginning of a term: various training days and meetings may be held during these days;
• To attend meetings and school functions as appropriate – these are advertised as early as possible and occasionally may occur at the weekend – and to contribute positively to the welfare of the Cargilfield community at all times;
• To perform any duties which the Headmaster may reasonably ask.
About the School
Cargilfield is an independent prep school for more than 300 boys and girls, aged 3-13 years. The school has a strong family feel and offers a flexible boarding structure including late evening clubs, flexi and weekly boarding. We prepare pupils for senior schools across Edinburgh, Scotland and the UK.