Teacher of Academic PE and RugbyLathallan School, Angus
Please apply before 13/12/2017 at 1:00 pm
Johnshaven, Montrose, DD10 0HN
Vacancy Description / Summary
Apart from the above post, the Department currently consists of a full time member of staff who is responsible for girl’s games and the BGE. A further two part time members of staff who assist either with rugby, some girl’s games and academic PE, with other staff contributing to the rugby and netball coaching throughout the Junior and Senior Schools.
The list below is not exhaustive but gives a good indication of the key responsibilities of the job.
Specific Responsibilities -
• Line Manager for rugby staff to include CPD where appropriate
• Collation of improvement plans for PE and informing/reflecting the whole school plan with other staff members
• Organisation of subject and rugby budgets and resources
• Promotion of Faculty activities and trips in line with school policy
• Organisation of assessment, coursework and other SQA materials as required by the SQA coordinator
• Co-ordination of rugby & cricket fixture list, staffing and matches throughout the junior & senior school
• To work with colleagues on the delivery of summer term sports, i.e., athletics matches
• To actively support the marketing and promotion of the school
Teaching Responsibilities –
• Overall responsibility for the delivery of academic PE.
• Development and delivery of courses in line with the Scottish Curriculum for Excellence, N5, the new Higher course and Advanced Higher.
• Coaching rugby in the senior school and assisting in the junior school.
• Participation in the co-curricular programme.
• Reporting on progress and achievements of pupils.
• To act as a Form Teacher if required.
Personal Qualities & additional requirements –
The teacher of Academic PE should be able to demonstrate the qualities of anyone placed in a position of loco parentis – compassion, clarity and direction. The ability to lead and inspire colleagues and pupils as well as taking a flexible approach to learning is essential.
Terms and Conditions −
• To take up the post, a successful applicant must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland.
• A first aid at work or similar certificate is a requirement but access to training can be given by Lathallan.
• A successful PVG check will be required.
• Salary will be according to Lathallan salary scales.
• For qualified applicants the position is pensionable under the Scottish Teachers’ Superannuation Scheme.
• The appointment will be made subject to two satisfactory references being provided and a general application form being completed.
About the School
Lathallan School is set in 60 acres of woodland on the north east coast by the village of Johnshaven. Lathallan is a small school with an average class size of 12. The individual attention each child is given and the unique environment allow the school to offer a range of exciting opportunities to our pupils so that they can fulfil their full potential.
Lathallan School does not have entrance exams; we assess each child on his or her own merit. It is a place in which challenge, industriousness and maximising individual potential is pivotal in our pupils' educational development. Every individual is made to feel an integral and special part of the school.