January 20, 2022
10:30 - 12:00
Hosted virtually by SCIS
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised by email 5 working days prior to the event.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 5 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
This joint BSA/ SCIS event is designed for boarding staff and school leaders to consider the management of a range of child protection and safeguarding situations in boarding. It will consider the recently published national Child Protection Guidance for Scotland.
The session will use a number of safeguarding case studies, with each scenario being discussed in detail, and with the opportunity for delegates to interact and share their own knowledge and experiences. It is essential that all participants are prepared to engage actively with the content.
Training topics will include:
• An update on current child protection and safeguarding key issues
• Management of key welfare and child protection situations including identifying, reporting and recording
• A clearer understanding of the management of safeguarding and welfare situations in boarding
• Improved knowledge of relevant guidance, including recent updates.
Joining instructions will be sent out 24 hours in advance, hence please register by Tuesday, 18 January.