October 6, 2021
£45.00 per session
10:30 - 12:00
Virtually Hosted by SCIS
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised by email 5 working days prior to the event.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 5 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
Due to demand we are delighted to be able to facilitate our annual Employment Law Masterclass. In order to mirror previous events as closely as possible, this masterclass will take place over 3 sessions. The sessions will be led by Alan Sutherland, Head of Employment Law at Navigator Law, who has wide experience of working with independent schools. Each session will commence at 10.30 am and conclude at noon.
- Obtain a practical understanding of how to deal with the employment law issues which most frequently arise within the independent school sector, relating to both teachers and support staff.
- Be able to work on case studies during the session so as to build confidence in dealing with existing employment issues.
- Benefit from practical tips.
- Dealing with disciplinary and grievance issues against the background of the ACAS Code of Practice. (6th October)
- Proactively managing performance issues and implementing a formal performance management process. (26th October)
- Dealing with repeated short-term absences or long-term absence, how to assess whether staff members are protected by disability discrimination law and what impact that has, and dealing with stress issues. (28th October)
These sessions will be restricted to 12 participants, hence early registration is advised. Colleagues need to only register for session one and will be automatically registered on the following sessions.
The seminar will be of interest to newly appointed members of senior management or as a refresher for experienced senior managers.
**We anticipate this programme will be in high demand, Please register as soon as possible**