September 1, 2022
14:00 - 16:00
Hosted virtually by SCIS
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised by email 5 working days prior to the event.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 5 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
This session will provide essential training for all recently appointed Governors in independent schools; it is directed particularly to new Governors and those Governors who are wishing to update their knowledge.
The day will be led by colleagues from Shepherd+ Wedderburn: Malcolm Rust, Partner and Head of the Private Client and Charities teams; and Heather Bird, Senior Associate who will provide a key focus on Good Governance. The following will be explored with delegates:
Fundamental Roles and Responsibilities
- The role of the Board of Trustees
- Fundamental principles of Board life
- The duties of a Trustee under Scottish Charity Law
- Common issues with Governing Boards
In addition, John Edward, Director of SCIS, will consider the role of SCIS and support available to Governors and schools.
This will be facilitated as a virtual session via Zoom.
***Joining instructions will be sent out 24 hours in advance***